1. Definitions, characteristics and application of the regulation
Cookies are small data files that websites send to and store on the user’s computer or device. These files are then re-sent to the websites following their next visit. Cookies are used to remember the user’s actions and preferences to enhance the performance and usability (such as login data, selected language, font size, other display settings, etc.) so that these do not have to be reset when the user returns to the website or browses the website pages. Therefore, cookies are used for authentication and session monitoring purposes as well as to store information concerning the activities of users who access a website and may also contain a unique identification code that makes it possible to track the user’s browsing history on the website itself for statistical or advertising purposes. When browsing a website, users can receive cookies on their computer or mobile device from websites or web servers different than the ones being visited (so-called third-party cookies). In certain cases, cookies are technically necessary for website operation, and as such, certain operations cannot be performed without them.
There are various types of cookies, which vary according to characteristics and functions, and these can remain in the user’s computer or mobile device for different periods of time: so-called session cookies, which are automatically deleted when the browser is closed and persistent (or stored) cookies, which remain in the user’s device until the predefined expiration date.
Conversely, “profiling cookies”, which are used to create user profiles and send advertising materials which correspond with the preferences demonstrated by the user while browsing online do require prior user consent.
2. Types of cookies used by websites and options for enabling/disabling them
The sites www.multi-design.it and/or www.ciclotte.com uses the types of cookies listed at the bottom of this notice. The sites allows users to enable or disable the cookies used as indicated below, except in the case of third-party cookies: for the latter, the user must refer directly to the instructions as provided by the respective operators (see section below on “Third-party cookies”).
Cookies are categorised as follows:
- Technical cookies* – browsing or session cookies – strictly necessary for website operation or to allow users to make full use of website content and services.
- Functional cookies*, used for activating specific website functions and for selecting certain criteria (such as language, the products selected for purchase etc.) in order to improve the service provided.
- Analytics cookies, which provide the website operator with an insight into how the website is used. These cookies are not used to collect information relating to the identity of users or any personal data. Information collected is processed in an aggregate and anonymous manner.
- Third-party cookies – website or web server cookies not sent by the owner, used for the third party’s own purposes. These also include profiling cookies. Please note that these third parties, as listed below (with hyperlinks to their relative privacy policies) act as autonomous data controllers for the data collected through the cookies they send. As such, users must refer to the personal data and information processing policies and consent forms (for enabling and disabling the respective cookies) for each of these third parties. In addition, please note that, with reference to Google analytics cookies, tools have been adopted for reducing ease of identification via these cookies, through the masking of significant portions of the IP address. The use of these cookies has also been set so that the supplier (Google) can only use them in order to provide the service in question, storing them separately and not “enriching” or “cross referencing” data with other information in its possession.
*ATTENTION: disabling technical and/or functional cookies may render impossible to view the website or result in certain services and functions of the website being unavailable or not fully functional, and users may be forced to change or manually re-enter certain information or preferences each time they visit the website.
- Cookies sent directly by the site operator are:
_ga, _gat, da __utma fino a __utmz: Google Analytics
_icl_current_language: Selezione lingue
3. How to view and change the cookies using your browser
Users can select which cookies to authorize by following the instructions given by the websites, which can be accessed through the links above. In addition, users can authorize, block or delete (fully or partially) cookies using specific browser functions: however, if all or some of the cookies are disabled, it may no longer be possible to view the website or use some services in full, and/or certain website functions may not be available or may not function correctly and/or users may be required to change or manually re-enter certain information or preferences each time they visit the website.
For more information on how to set cookie preferences via your browser, please see the following instructions for each browser: