Born Awards 2019: Ciclotte Bike among the finalists in the “Sport & Leisure” category
The Born Awards jury has selected Ciclotte Bike among 7.000 candidates and 192 nominees from 6 different regions.
The prize has been created to connect people who make beautiful products with people who love them.
Founded by Jean-Christophe Chopin in 2010, it celebrates creativity in design-led lifestyle with a focus on desirability, functionality, and integrity.
Notable past recipients include Ferrari car designer, Flavio Manzoni, renowned architects, Jean-Michel Wilmotte and Bruno Moinard, and designer Jean-Charles de Castelbajac.
This 9th annual BORN Awards celebrated excellences across the categories of Architecture, Technology, Home, Fashion, Sports, and Retail Concept.
The winners and special prizes for Italy, France, and Spain who have distinguished themselves under the theme of ‘DESIRE’ have been presented in an exclusive event during Milan Design Week.
Ciclotte Bike finalist in the “Sport & Leisure” category
The Ciclotte Bike, pure expression of contemporary living, is a piece of design and a unique fitness equipment made in Italy with high-tech materials like carbon and glass fibre.
That’s why it has been selected among the finalists creations that showcase desirability, functionality, and integrity in the “Sports & Leisure” category.
The jury, who nominated Ciclotte Bike as a finalist project, was co-headed by Gerry McGovern, Land Rover Chief Design Officer, and Jean-Christophe Chopin, Founder and CEO of BORN and it was composed by:
- Olivia Mariotti – Co-founder of the fashion and luxury branding agency REM
- Daniele Maver – President and Delegate Administrator at Jaguar Land Rover Italy
- Luisa Collina – Dean and Full Professor of the School of Design at Politecnico di Milano
- Angelo Flaccavento – Independent fashion critic and curator
- Barbara Sveva Magnanelli – Lecturer of Accounting at LUISS Guido Carli University
- Carlo Borromeo – Co-founder of BorromeodeSilva
- Tommaso Micaglio – Managing Partner at One33 Investment House